Skip to Main Content
Citation Styles as applied to Government Publications
- Garner, Diane L. and Diane H. Smith. The complete guide to citing government documents: a manual for writers & librarians. Bethesda, MD: Congressional Information Service, c1984.
SIUE Book Collection J9.5 .G37 1984
- General Guidelines for Citing Government Publications, University of North Texas
- Citing Records in the National Archives of the United States.
- The bluebook: a uniform system of citation.
SIUE Book Collection KF245 .B58
- A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations: Chicago style for students and researchers. Kate L. Turabian; revised by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, and University of Chicago Press editorial staff. 7th ed.
SIUE Reference Book Collection LB2369 .T8 2007
SIUE Music Reserves Collection LB2369 .T8 2007
See especially "Public Documents", pp. 205-215 and 271-280.
- The Chicago manual of style. 15th ed.
SIUE Reference Book Collection Z253 .C58
See especially "Legal Citations", pp. 727-733; "Public Documents", pp. 733-753.
The Chicago manual of style online
Chicago Manual of Style from the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University
- Publication manual of the American Psychological Association. 6th ed.
Book Collection BF76.7 .P83 2010
Reference Book Collection BF76.7 .P83 2010
See especially "Technical and research reports", pp. 205-206; "Appendix 7.1: References to legal materials", pp. 216-224.
APA Style from the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University
- AMA manual of style: a guide for authors and editors. 10th ed.
SIUE Book Collection R119 .A533 2007
SIUE Reference Book Collection R119 .A533 2007
See especially "Government or agency bulletins", pp. 57-58; "Patents", p. 59; "Government/organization reports", pp. 69-70; "US Legal references", pp. 72-78.
- MLA style manual and guide to scholarly publishing. 3rd ed.
Reference Book Collection PN147 .G444 2008
See especially "A government publication", pp. 205-208; "A legal source", pp. 232-234; "Citing a work by a corporate author", pp. 251-252.
MLA Formatting and Style Guide from the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University
Interactive Citation Formatters
- DocsCite. Produces a formatted citation in either APA or MLA based on information you enter. From Arizona State University.