DynaMed Plus is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other healthcare professionals for use primarily at the 'point-of-care,' with clinically-organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics. DynaMed Plus utilizes an editorial team to continually improve and manage content by combining the skill, experience, and expertise of physicians, pharmacists, allied health professionals, scientists, epidemiologists, medical writers, medical editors, and medical librarians.
A clinical resource that is truly evidenced-based must contain summaries and recommendations based on the best evidence to date. This can only be done by systematically identifying and appraising the literature available. DynaMed plus employs a 7 step process to consistently and systematically identify, select, evaluate, interpret, and summarize available evidence. DynaMed Plus also appraises and updates evidence daily, and even alters their conclusions when new evidence becomes available.
Below is a link to the 7 step process as well as sources of content and editor information.
You can access DynaMed Plus remotely from a desktop computer through the library portal, or you can also download the DynaMed Plus app. Here is how to set up access for the mobile app.
1. Go to the App Store or Google Play and download the DynaMed Plus mobile app.
2. After completing the App download, open the DynaMed Plus mobile app.
3. Signing in to the App:
• If you are on your institution’s internal WiFi network, content will automatically download.
• If you have a DynaMed Plus personal account user login, sign in and the content will automatically download.
• If you don’t have a personal account user login, go to your desktop version of DynaMed Plus and click on “Mobile use: Get the DynaMed Plus Mobile App” under the Spotlight section of the product. Submit your email address, open up the email on your mobile device and follow the instructions provided.
4. It will take 10 - 30 minutes to install the initial DynaMed Plus content.
5. Your device is ready to go!