RefWorks is a web-based bibliography and citation manager. Three reasons to use RefWorks include the ability to:
1. Gather, store, manage, and share references or citations.
2. Generate bibliographies in numerous citation formats such as APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.
3. Store references online and have accessibility to them wherever internet access is available.
You have been working on research with a faculty member and you are told to look up this particular article because it is similar to your research and would be a good example for when you write your own article.
J. Phys. Org. Chem., 24, 203 (2011)
Chem. Phys., 167, 111 (1992)
1) Use CAS Source Index (CASSI) to find the full journal name from the abbreviations.
2) Use Online Journals by Title to search for the journal title.
3) Journal Title, Volume, page number (year)
Think of a chemistry topic of interest to you. Search for books on this topic using the library catalog.
Hints for the catalog:
1) Use the Advanced Search to narrow by publication date, such as the last 5 years, or by format, such as eBooks.
2) Look at topics listed in a book's record to link directly to a list of other books on that same topic.
3) Check the I-SHARE catalog for more books on your topic or for specific titles we do not have at Lovejoy Library.