United States Statutes at Large
sample citation (APA 6th):
Higher Education Amendments of 1992, Pub. L. No. 102-325, 106 Stat. 448 (1992).
Public and private laws (slip laws)
- via GovInfo, Public and Private Laws (beginning 104th Congress, 1995-)
- via Thomas, Public Laws (beginning 93rd Congress)
- via Lexis-Nexis Academic, Public Laws (beginning 100th Congress, 2nd Session, 1988)
Laws of Illinois
|Historical compilations, revisions, codes, etc.
United States Code (USC)
- via Western Illinois University, an incomplete collection of session laws and historical codes, revisions, and compilations
- A list of publications consisting of session laws, revisions, and compilations to 1869 in: Gross, Eugene L. and Gross, William L. "Books in which the statutes of Illinois have been published", in An index to all the laws of the State of Illinois, 1818 to 1869, both public and private, which are not printed at large in Gross' Statutes of 1869, except private acts of 1869. Springfield [Ill.]: E.L. & W.L. Gross, 1869, pp. iii-viii.
The following is a sample of what Lovejoy Library holds. Please consult us for further information.
- The revised code of laws, of Illinois, containing those of a general and permanent nature passed by the Sixth General assembly, at their session held at Vandalia, commencing on the first Monday of December, 1828; and those enacted previous thereto, and ordered by the said General assembly to be re-published. Published in pursuance of law. 1829.
SIUE Rare Book Collection KFI1230 .A22 (SIUE catalog record)
- The revised laws of Illinois containing all laws of a general and public nature passed by the Eighth general assembly, at their session held at Vandalia, commencing on the third day of December, 1832, and ending the second day of March, 1833, together with all laws required to be re-published by the said General assembly. 1833.
SIUE Rare Book Collection KFI1230 .A23 (SIUE catalog record)
- Revised statutes of the state of Illinois,adopted by the General assembly of said state, at its regular session, held in the years, A. D., 1844-5?. Together with an appendix, containing acts passed at the same and previous sessions, not incorporated in the Revised statutes, but which remain in force. Revised and prepared for publication, with notes, index, &c. by M. Brayman. 1845.
SIUE Rare Book Collection KFI1230 .B73 1845 (SIUE catalog record)
- A compilation of the statutes of the state of Illinois,of a general nature, in force January 1, 1856, collated with reference to decisions of the Supreme court of said state, and to prior laws relating to the same subject matter. By N. H. Purple. 1856. "Purple's Statutes"
SIUE Rare Book Collection KFI1230 .P87 1856 (SIUE catalog record)
- The statutes of Illinois : embracing all of the general laws of the state, complete to 1865, with marginal notes, showing the contents of each section, and a reference to the decisions of the Supreme Court upon the construction of each statute. Compiled by Samuel H. Treat, Walter B. Scates and Robert S. Blackwell. 1866.
SIUE Book Collection KFI1225 .I46 1865 (volume 1) (SIUE catalog record)
- Annotated statutes of the state of Illinois, in force January 1, 1913 : embracing the revision of 1874, and all general statutes enacted since such revision, so far as in force, with digested notes of decisions construing or illustrating their provisions by the courts of Illinois and of the United States, and historical notes comparing the present statutes with previous legislation. Edited by Walter Clyde Jones and Keene H. Addington. 1913.
SIUE Book Collection KFI1230 .A43 (SIUE catalog record)