Supplier Information for a company can be a difficult challenge to assemble.
- For starters, our database IBISWorld will provide a broad outline of the supply chain for a particular industry, with key buying and selling industries indicated.
- Another approach is to look at the company's annual report for key suppliers. Search the company's SEC filings, including its 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K reports).
- Try searching for news or trade-press articles on <company/product-name AND suppliers>. Use ABI/INFORM or Business Source Elite.
- ThomasNet.com, web successor to the longstanding print, Thomas Register of American Manufacturers, can be an excellent source for determining suppliers for any number of products or services.
- Withing Mergent Online, the sub-module "Horizon" will provide some fairly detailed listings of suppliers for any number of larger companies and particularly for medical-device/pharmaceutical firms. Click on the tab, "Horizon," enter a firm name, and if it generates search results, there are options for clicking not only on Suppliers--lists suppliers as noted by company and its suppliers as supplying them, but also separate tabs for Industries & Sectors, Products & Services, Competitors, Customers, Partners, and a "M&A Scenario Report."
- Finally, check out this useful this informative guide to "Supply chain and Value chain," from Harvard Business School's Baker Library.