General Subject search in the library catalog could consist of one of these:
There could be some specific types of dances people might want to look up too:
Some subdivisons of dance may include:
Reference resources are integrated within the theater, dance and music areas of Lovejoy Library. Dance print resources are located on the east side of the Library's 2nd floor. Theater resources are mostly shelved on the north side of Lovejoy Library's 3rd floor. Music resources are now shelved on the northeast side of Library's 3rd floor (in Library of Congress classification order.)
Dance materials are in the GV 1585 - 1790; most theater resources in the PN, PR and PS; and music resources in the M, ML and MT call number ranges.
1) Search the Library's Online (Primo VE) Catalog by Playwright's (Author's) Name or by Title in the Keyword Search mode. Write down or take a photo of the full call number. Plays usually begin with a PR or PS call number. They are shelved on the 3rd floor--on the North/parking lot side. See Map.
2) American Theatre Play Index -- lists and cites recent, short American plays published in the journal, American Theatre. Find by playwright's last name.
3) Search the Literature Online database for older full-length plays. (1,400 English and American playwrights represented.) Includes plays first performed from 1280 A.D. - the present. (Must be an authorized SIUE user to access the database.)
4) Search Google for plays in the public domain.
5) Search I-Share by playwright's name or title of play to learn or order individual plays or collections from other Illinois libraries. Searching by keyword is useful; that will identify plays found within published collections/books of plays.