Here are some tips for searching for empirical research articles in ERIC.
- Click on Advanced Search, go to the box marked Documents and click on Journals.
- Click on the button for Peer Reviewed Articles.
- If you need to limit the Publication Date there is a box on this page that will allow that.
- Start searching for relevant article using search boxes. The Searching ERIC using EBSCO guide can help.
- Once you have determined some good search terms for your topic, type in the word research in the empty box.
- Read the abstract to determine if any of your articles are empirical research articles.
- Empirical research articles can be qualitative or quantitative but they must contain original data that the authors collected.
- If you can access the full text article look for subheadings, methods and Results.