These SIUE produced 20-minute, on-line and on-demand professional development seminars are available anywhere with WiFi and accessible from computers, laptops, tablets, or cell phones.
Relevant videos about mentoring include:
This online professional development course developed by University of Minnesota called Optimizing the Practice of Mentoring: An Online Curriculum for the Professional Development of Research Mentors.
The course takes about 90-120 minutes to complete and is applicable to all disciplines.
How to register for the free course:
1. Click this link: http://www.ctsi.umn.edu/education-and-training/mentoring/mentor-training.
2. Click “Register” button in middle of page.
3. Click red “Add to Cart” on right-half of page.
4. Click red “Checkout” button in pop-up box.
5. Click red “Checkout” button on top or bottom of page.
6. Click red “Continue” button under “I’m new to the University.”
7. Fill out the registration form provided. Click “Submit” button. (After submitting the registration form, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your new account. You may keep this email for future reference.)
8. Click red “Continue” button.
9. Fill in your ID (email address used to register) and password you created. Click red “Sign In” button.
10. Review information for your account profile. Only portions with a red asterisk are required. Initial in the spaces at the bottom of the page and click red “Continue Checkout” button.
11. Complete questionnaire. Only portions with a red asterisk are required. Check the “Privacy Confirmation” box. Click “Continue Checkout.”
12. On the “Receipt” page, click “Learner Portal” at the top left of the page. Then click “Learner Home.” You will see under “My Current Courses” the course “Optimizing the Practice of Mentoring.” Click the course title to begin the course.
To locate books on mentoring, coaching, etc. search in the UFind Catatog in the following the following two call number sections.